You don’t have to break the bank on your summer vacation to Ocean City, MD! With all of the free things to do close by to the Tidelands Caribbean Hotel, the whole family will have a blast and make long-lasting memories. For the creative, energetic, laid back, or competitive, there’s a variety of family-friendly activities for all visitors of Ocean City to participate in for FREE. Book your stay with the Tidelands Caribbean and check out how you can spend your vacation!
Family Fun Events at the Beach
If you and your family love listening to live music then you’ll love these weekly events that happen all summer long! Be introduced to local talent and hear them perform while you relax by the water.
- Sundaes in the Park: Enjoy live music, ice cream for purchase, and fireworks afterward at Northside Park starting at 7 PM on Sundays.
- Sunset Park Party Nights: Attend another free concert Thursday nights throughout the summer while watching the sunset over the Isle of Wight Bay from Sunset Park.
- American Idol Star Jay Copeland Performance: See Delmarva’s American Idol star perform for free at Northside Park on July 5th at 8 PM!
On the Beach
If you’re trying to spend as much time in the sand as possible, we do not blame you! The whole family will have a great time attending these beach events throughout the week.
- Beach Movies & Yard Games: Cozy up on the beach, Wednesday and Friday nights to watch a family-friendly movie or play yard games, starting at dusk.
- Family Beach Games: Bring out your competitive side to play interactive games on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30 PM.
- OC Beach Dance Party: Who says you can’t party on a Monday? These all-ages dance parties will take place on the beach at Ocean City’s Caroline Street Stage from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
- Drone Shows: Downtown on the beach on Monday nights, watch the sky light up with an extravagant drone show.
There’s always time to learn or try something new! There’s a variety of interactive classes, arts and crafts, daily programs, and activities happening all over town for all members of your group to participate in.
- Sport Kite Lessons: If you see the giant kites in front of the Kite Loft it will be hard to resist joining the free sport kite lessons offered from 6 to 9 PM.
- Art League of OC Tour & Crafts: Explore beautiful artwork and the featured galleries with a guided tour on Sundays, and arts & crafts for the kids in the courtyard on Saturdays.
- OC Life-Saving Station Museum Programs: Do something new every day with the free daily programs throughout the summer that teach about the history of OCMD and nautical knowledge.
- OC Library Programs: From kids’ summer reading to tween parties and adult knitting or book clubs, the variety of programs at the Ocean City library has something for everyone to enjoy this summer.