Welcome back to the White Marlin Capital of the World! The infamous White Marlin Open is coming back to Ocean City this year for its 47th tournament on the shore. This year’s event will be held the week of August 3, ending on Friday, August 7. Head into OCMD to watch in suspense as the fates change with the tip of the scale with millions of dollars on the line, at the world’s largest and richest billfish tournament!
Since 1974 the White Marlin Open has awarded skilled fishermen and novice anglers over $63 million dollars in prize money! While this year’s tournament may look a bit different than in years past, the Town of Ocean City is excited to bring back this Ocean City classic. Check out the new safety rules and regulations for the White Marlin Open below.
White Marlin Open COVID-19 Updates
In partnership with the Worcester County Health Department, there will be significantly reduced spectators allowed at the Harbour Island weigh-ins, and the event layout will be modified. This year, a new family-friendly viewing experience will be located at the 3rd Street Bayside ballpark where people can cheer on the boats as they head to Harbour Island to weigh their catch, view a live stream of the weigh-ins, shop vendor booths, purchase concessions, and official White Marlin gear! Located at 5th St. and the boardwalk, the Tidelands Caribbean is right in the heart of all the action this year! Book your stay for front row seats to one of Ocean Citys most popular summer events.
Important Information for 3rd Street Spectators:
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged - there will be lots of room to spread out!
- Face coverings are recommended but not required at this location.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the ballpark.
- Coolers are not permitted.
- Chairs and blankets ARE permitted.
Important Information for Harbour Island Spectators:
- Wristbands will be required to enter Harbour Island.
- Wristband distribution will begin at 2 pm each day and will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- Face coverings are required for everyone over the age of 10.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout Harbour Island.
- Chairs, blankets, and coolers are not permitted at Harbour Island.