Start the holiday season off right and visit Winterfest of Lights in Ocean City, MD when you book your stay at the Tidelands Caribbean! Centrally located on 5th Street on the Boardwalk, Tidelands Caribbean Hotel & Suites is the perfect place to escape before you’re wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
The 28th Annual Winterfest of Lights is happening at Northside Park in OCMD, from November 19th through January 2nd, every Wednesday thru Sunday from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Make your reservations to the Tidelands Caribbean today because beginning on November 29th, we’re closed for the holidays.
Get the most out of the 10-days between Winterfest beginning and our hotel closing when you book your early-winter stay at the Tidelands Caribbean! Walk through a winter wonderland and relax and unwind for a few days while enjoying this Ocean City, MD staple event.
COVID-19 Updates to Winterfest of Lights Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s event will look a bit different than in years past, which is why our local experts at the Tidelands Caribbean have listed a few of the changes that you can expect to see at the 28th Annual Winterfest of Lights this year.
- New Event Hours: This year, the 28th Annual Winterfest has extended hours than in years past! Winterfest will open on November 19th, and remain open until January 2nd. The event will be held Wednesday through Sunday from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- No Boardwalk Tram: This year, due to social distancing guidelines, and to avoid extended wait times, there will be no Boardwalk tram to guide you through the light displays. Instead, guests will be able to walk the half-mile attraction of lights and holiday-themed decorations.
- Updated Layout: Enjoy circling the half-mile walking trail as many times as you’d like around the lagoons on the south end of Northside Park. Visitors can also rest on the benches and picnic tables while they enjoy the lights.
- New Lights: Due to the new layout, the town will be lightning up at least 200 trees, as well as illuminating the bridge over the lagoon for some added lights this year. Some of the larger displays will not be up at Winterfest of Lights this year, due to the new layout of the event.
- Indoor Giftshop Location: The gift shop and Santa area will still be indoors, however, the town is moving this part of the event inside the community room in the Recreation and Parks Complex.
What are you waiting for? Keep the tradition alive and visit the 28th Annual Winterfest of Lights this holiday season! Don’t miss out on the last chance to book your stay at the Tidelands Caribbean in 2020 and get the best rates on the boardwalk!
Contact our reservation specialists with any questions. We can’t wait to see you!