Are you excited about your Ocean City, MD beach vacation but seeing rain in your forecast? Don’t stress over a little water because when you book your stay at the Tidelands Caribbean, we have you covered! We know you don’t want to be stuck inside, but if the weather has you taking shelter for a few hours, you’ve come to the right place!
Allow the local experts at the Tidelands Caribbean guide you through the top five activities to do on a rainy day in our favorite beach town, Ocean City, Maryland!
Things to Do on a Rainy Day in Ocean City
- Indoor Mini-Golf: Is mini-golf is the official sport of Ocean City? Well, close enough! Enjoy indoor mini-golf at Old Pro Golf’s 68th Street location. Climate-controlled, and open year-round, this indoor golf course features fun arcades for even more fun.
- Visit a Museum: Learn some Ocean City history at the Ocean City Life-Saving Museum! Located on the boardwalk at the Inlet, the Life-Saving museum was built in 1891 and is used today for historical and educational purposes. Learn all about the life-saving service of the early 20th century, enjoy relics from years past, and let the kiddos play in the Little Keepers Day Room.
- Shop!: With an abundance of locally owned boutiques, surf shops, and businesses to enjoy, Ocean City has tons of shopping waiting for you. Or, enjoy some shopping the Ocean City Outlets, across the 50-bridge in West Ocean City.
- Ripleys Believe It or Not!: Head to the boardwalk for some indoor fun at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! on Atlantic Avenue. In Ripley’s two-story museum, you’ll find over 500 oddities, exhibits, and interesting artifacts that can keep the family busy for hours.
- Eat: Grab a bite to eat at one of Ocean City’s amazing local restaurants! Deciding on where to go? Narrow down your choices by sorting by what you’re in the mood for, no matter what cuisine you’re hungry for, OCMD has it all! Are you looking for what’s open? Check out this ultimate guide for dine-in, carry-out, and outdoor dining in Ocean City.
Please Remember - If there is a severe storm, please seek shelter and stay safe in accordance with local guidance before you seek out a rainy day boredom-buster!
Are you ready to book your beach getaway to Ocean City? Make the Tidelands Caribbean part of your summer traditions! Book your beach vacation today, or contact a member of our team with any questions.
Looking for more fun in Ocean City? Check out our blog for some insider scoop on how to have an Ocean City vacation that you’ll never forget!